I strive to not be sexist, but as I examine the problem, I see the following practical limitations.
- I might be a failure at non-sexism and my work turns out to be sexist.
- Anyone sufficiently motivated will find something sexist about what I wrote.
- The future will not share today's ideas of sexism, and in re-examining what I wrote, determine that it is sexist.
- My writing may not be sexist, but due to a reviewer's lack of skill, they falsely determine that the work is sexist.
- My writing may not be sexist by itself, but when look at in the broader scheme, participates in a trend that is sexist.
- I may write something non-sexist, but due to its structure resembling something sexist, is just assumed to be sexist.